Apply for IUCr Young Scientist Awards
International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) will assist young scientists to attend IXS 2015. Awards for young scientists should be used solely for travel and subsistence expenses. Up to USD 500 will be given to cover airfare for each successful applicant from Asian countries, and up to USD 1,000 for other countries. The registration fee will be waived. Any young scientists interested in attending IXS 2015 and meeting the following qualifications are welcome to submit your application before 2015/07/31. All applicants will receive a notification via email on 2015/08/07 regarding the final status of their application.
- Young scientists are graduate students, post-graduate students or post-doctoral fellows with a maximum age of 30 (exceptionally 35) before 2015/11/26.
- Applicants must submit a poster abstract.
- Preference will be given to those young scientists who have published in IUCr Journals.
- Preference will be given to young scientists with a crystallographic background.
Applicants please provide the following documents (except the recommendation letter) in one PDF file and email it to email@example.com
- Application form
- A photocopy of passport
- A full CV with a list of publications
- Summary of accomplishment in scientific research, especially in inelastic X-ray scattering, 2 pages at most.
- A recommendation letter. Signed and sent as a PDF file by your referee to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of Award
- The successful young scientists will receive the allowance in USD cheque at the meeting for a formal presentation of an IUCr certificate.
- E-ticket, airfare receipt, and boarding passes should be handed in upon arrival.